Saturday, January 10, 2009

Searching for You (free verse)






Searching for You

Always seeking you,

 Every clear blue sky,

 Every ocean wave,

 Every starry host of night,

 God is there,

 Always searching!

 

 You can run and hide,

 But He will be there waiting,

 To scoop you up in his arms,

 God is there,

 Already waiting,

  So stop your running!

 

Painted skies,

 Spinning earth,

 Aren’t enough?

 To tell His story,

 Heaven's host and atoms wonder,

 Are revelations incomplete?

 

His face couldn’t bee seen,

 Until He came to earth,

 To complete His search,

 And redeemed the fallen man,

 Accepting or not God came,

 

 He's Coming!

 I'm not worthy,

 Yet he still comes!

 

Yeah, so I tried my hand at some free verse after reading more of Louie Giglio’s book. Feeling inspired, I came up with this. Since the lyrics are pretty straight forward they won’t need much explaining.

Most nearly, what I was thinking was: How do I express God’s ultimate search for us?

The truth is that I can’t even begin to understand what God has done/is dong for me! All I know is that I have to stop running from Him and run to Him! He see’s past my unrighteous ways to the spot inside of me that accepts His truth. When He sees that, all of my imperfections wash away. I am His and He Loves me, unconditionally.

Tis a B-E-A Utiful thing!!! Even though we deny Him, He strives for us; that’s amazing, because He is God, He doesn’t have to!

Isa 65:1 "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'

Isa 65:2 All day long I have held out my hands to an obstinate people, who walk in ways not good, pursuing their own imaginations-


And still He loves and searches for us ...

No comments:

Post a Comment